Friday 22 May 2009

Pretty Colours and a Ladybug

I have quite a few different art trades coming due soon so of course today I spent making totally unrelated and unnecessary art! :( I should probably just be happy to be getting some craft done. I'm starting to slip into the terribly unmotivated stage of unemployment where you spend the whole day playing the Xbox or just wandering around the house in your PJs.

So the LO above is really just a quickie, it's for the Boxx weekly challenge. This week we had to use at least 4 different colours and have the word 'colour' in the title. I do have such a paper fetish. I went into my local scrapbooking shop today just to hand in my 2 challenge LOs for the month and pick up last months and I STILL walked out with a new sheet of paper! It's pretty and sparkly, you'd want it too. ;)

This little ladybug ATC is the result of my playing around with different mediums and techniques. Rubber stamped ladybug, watercolour pencils, kindyglitz over the top of the shell so it's a bit raised and sparkly. Background is acrylic paint with texture paste so it's bumpy and rubber stamps. I'm not sure whether I want to trade this one or keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!