Sunday 11 April 2010

Scrapbooking - Challenge Heaven LO: Ebony and Ivory

I have been feeling guilty lately over the fact I'm yet to finish my friend's engagement album. She returned from her honeymoon a few months ago, just to give you some idea of how far behind I'm running! Anyway, I managed to sit down yesterday and get another four pages done. I think the thing that's leaving me a bit unmotivated is I'm trying to use the same black and white colour scheme all the way though. I know the end result will be a more cohesive album that way but it gets a bit boring. So to reward myself I decided to attempt one of the challenges at a new website I found recently: Challenge Heaven.

Challenge Heaven lists 7 different challenges each month and you have to enter a minimum of 4 to be entered into the draw to win prizes. I'm not sure if I'll get to 4 in a month but I seem to be more productive when working to a challenge. I was originally planning on doing the Word challenge, which this month needs to contain the word relax and use paint effects. I couldn't find the photos I wanted though, so ended up doing the Ebony and Ivory challenge. Criteria for this one involved picking Black OR White with Lime Green and it had to have circles.


Lime green is not a colour I work with often! I know it's a faily simple design, but I wanted the focus to be on the photos. Plus, I just didn't have that many embellishments I could use in a lime colour scheme. Anyway, I'm thinking of maybe taking a break from Project 365 and concentrating on doing some other crafting things instead for a while so there may be more LO's in the future again.

While we're on the topic of scrapbooking, I just wanted to mention Bridge has a great giveaway running at the moment for some beautiful hand-made flowers. If you're into scrapping it's well worth checking out her blog as her designs are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!