Sunday 9 May 2010

Mum and Me LO - Happy Mother's Day

In honour of mother's day I decided to go with a photo of my mum and I for the Challenge Heaven sketch challenge for May. Here is the sketch:

I wanted to highlight the pink of my jumper and after playing around with a few different paper combinations realised the Kaisercraft Pennyroyale would be perfect. I still have heaps of the paper range left over from when I made Mum's 50th birthday album. I don't normally deviate too much from the sketch but decided to cluster things in the bottom left for this one with a small focal point in the top right for balance.


There was also a corresponding card sketch so I decided to whip up a quick card with the leftovers from the LO. It was originally going to be a belated mother's day card but instead I went with the pre-made diecut sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren, Your layout and card are amazing. Love the colours. Great take on the sketch challenge.
    Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog.
    Oh, nearly forgot. Your sketch of the eye is fantastic. Do you only do eyes?
    Cheers, Irene

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!