Sunday 23 October 2011

Brisbane Craft & Quilt Fair

I went to the Brisbane Craft & Quilt Fair yesterday with two of my friends. They are both more into beading than scrapbooking so we ended up having to stop at almost every stall there! :) We signed up to do two classes, the first was a beading/wire work class to make a bracelet and the other was to make a wish bear. It's fun to try out new hobbies at these expo's.

I was able to complete the whole bracelet during the class. We had to make the wire beads from a length of wire, so that was a cool thing to learn. We only had time to complete this little heart from the bear kit. 


I finally got the depth of field thing to work in this photo! :)


This is what the bears will eventually look like if I get around the completing the kit. It's from Krazy Kreations.


I also managed to pick up some great new products at the fair. I got that Martha Stewart corner punch set for $30, looking forward to a chance to use it. I also finally caved in and purchased some Liquid Pearls. If anyone has some tips for how to use these please share them. And of course I had to pick up some new Scrapmatts chipboard!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LIQUID PEARLS!! They are absolutely amazing and I don't use them nearly enough to warrant having as many colours as I do!! My tip is to not use too much, barely squeeze any out of the bottle. And sometimes it helps to tap on the back of the paper (once you've put the liquid pearl on) to help flatten it a bit. And definitely give it time to dry!! Have fun with them!! They're awesome :)

    Love your bracelets! And can't wait to see your teddy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!