Saturday 14 January 2012

Sydney Getaway

My husband, Ben, turns 30 this Wednesday. He was adamant he did not want a party to celebrate so I suggested a quick getaway instead as I thought it was a milestone worth celebrating. At the very last minute he agreed and chose Sydney, NSW as his destination. We stayed at the Sir Stamford on Circular Quay and enjoyed a lovely three days wandering around the harbour.

This is the view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge from the Botanic Gardens right near our hotel. I was playing with camera angles and the self-timer for this one.

Another self-timer photo, I've edited this one in Picassa.

As we walked around The Rocks we actually ended up walking under the Bridge. I liked the angles of this shot.

I have so many different shots of the Opera House from this trip. I became obsessed with the ferry boats they use from transport and often tried to capture them in my photos.

The Bridge looked amazing lit up at night. I've taken this photo after attending La Soirée at the Opera House, which was an incredible performance. 

We hopped on a ferry to get from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour on the last day of our trip due to my fasination with them. I managed to not get seasick so I think it was a success! The original photo was a bit washed out so I played with it in Picassa too.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous photos!!! Looks like you had a fab time in Sydney :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!