Tuesday 27 March 2012

Canvas Gift

I don't normally do too many OTP things but on Sunday everything just aligned: I had some left over chipboard from Scrapmatts, I had this canvas and stand left over from a year ago and I wanted to make a gift for a friend who is going through a rough time.


There are some stunning examples of mini-canvas art on the internet, I was really inspired by some of them. I have kept this one pretty simple to keep the focus on the quote which related to my friend recently telling me she was going through counselling to become the person she wants to be.

Here we have a close-up of the flowers, the dark brown ones are actually singles that I joined with a brad and scrunched up while wet with gold Glimmer Mist. I was very happy with how full they ended up looking... and happy to re-discover the gold Glimmer mist. You know you have too many supplies when you start losing track of things even when they're put away.

I also wanted to showcase these cute chipboard shapes from Scrapmatts. I'm not normally a birdcage kind of girl, but they came in the extra sprue from the class and I thought it went well with the design. The photo also shows off the ribbon I put around the edge to finish it off. I'm trying to add more of these subtle touches to my work.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Lauren....I love this. WOOPS regarding the wrong e-mail sorry Lauren...I gave you half of the two I have...OKIES so if you want the ring please e-mail me at goannafive@bigpond.com with yr addy and I'll send it to you :o)
    hugs
    Annette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!