Sunday 8 April 2012

Our Grandparents

It's been a while since my last wedding LO so here is another one. I'm really happy with the quality of the photos and we received around 800 of them so you'll be seeing many more LO's to come. This one focuses on our Grandparents. Unfortunately, Ben lost two grandparents during our engagement and he is fairly estranged from his other grandfather so this page is pretty special to me. I've also got some lovely photos of his grandmother with the extended family which I hope to scrap later.

I'm really enjoying making my own flowers at the moment using the water spritz technique. These have a lovely golden glimmer to them. The butterfly chipboard is half of a Scrapmatts piece, I wanted it to match the butterfly in the Kaisercraft paper.


This LO was inspired by two challenges again. The first is Workout #65 for ScrapFIT: Good Ole Boys. We were given the below inspiration picture. The formal outfit made me think of our wedding immediately. I was originally going to go the groomsmen but I didn't have the photos I wanted pre-printed. Instead, I figured the more vintage theme would suit focusing on our grandparents.


I also decided to try out a new challenge blog, Sketches With a Twist. I thought it was a wonderfully composed sketch with lots of room for interpretation. The twist was to use mesh on your project, it could be Magic Mesh from a fruitbag or any kind of mesh you can find in your household. I tried mesh from my passionfruits but it was red and didn't react well when I tried to paint over it so I went with tulle instead which is similar to mesh.




The tulle is very hard to see, even after I coloured it green with ink, but here are a few cdetail shots which hopefully show it a bit better. I've used it as a second matt around the photos.

15 comments:

  1. this is a gorgeous layout and a wonderful take on the sketch, love wedding layouts and these pictures are beautiful! thanks for playing along with us at swat and I hope you all have a wonderful Easter holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. what a wonderful take on the sketch, I love the papers you have used and the photos are so lovely too.. Thanks for joining in at sketches with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your inspiration! Great photo and layout...thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very beautiful layout with som wonderful photos. Thanks for the inspiration. Also thanks for joining us at Sketches With A Twist.

    Kirsten, SWAT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO! I love that butterfly! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout out! Love all the details you added. Thanks for playing along with Sketches with a Twist.
    LisaB ~ SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous LO!! Love the inked punched layering and the brads going from your journal tag to your photo. So many fabulous details here and the tulle is such a wonderful delicate touch!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful page great details and i like the colors.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still scrapping my wedding LO's (I got married 11/12) so I love seeing what other people do with their pictures. This is lovely. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lauren, your photos and layout are truly beautiful! The colors of the products you used go so well with the colors in your photos, and I just love all the swirly, flowery details. Yum! Thanks so much for joining our April challenge at Sketches With a Twist. :-)
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a pretty page, love the black pops out on the page!!! way to go!!! lovely photos too. thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this layout is beautiful! The colors and black accents are fabulous! Thanks for creating and sharing your layout with SWAT!
    Raechelle- SWAT design team.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lauren I really love your wonderful interpretation of the sketch to create this stunning layout with your wedding photos. I love the rich purple and black with the pretty blue toning of the paper together. So beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Sketches with a Twist. Good Luck!
    Danie - SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lauren thank you for playing at SWAT please can you check out the web site to collect your prize

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!