Friday 27 April 2012

Zoo Garden

I was reviewing my recent LO's and noticed they were getting simpler and simpler in design so decided it was time to try to layer things up again. I found a great sketch over at Kaisercraft for their Saturday Sketches competition and sat down to get started this evening. Both the photo and the papers are ones I've had for a while. I was planning on doing some basic journalling about seeing the animals at the Zoo, blah blah blah but once I started writing I was reminded of how much I was missing my family prior to this visit. I wouldn't have remembered those emotions and some of the other events of that trip without this journalling prompting me so hurray for meaningful journalling!

 
Here is Saturday Sketch #2 for April from Kaisercraft:


I used the three pages of Hey Birdie paper I had. It's an adorable range from 2010, I think. I didn't have any of the other embellishments or products from that range, so all the details are hand-cut from one of the sheets. Ribbons, twine and dress-pattern paper from my stash.

End result is still a simple and crispt LO but with a lot more layers than normal. My husband, Ben, said he likes it and thinks its more 'my style' than recent previous work.
 
This LO was published in the November edition of Scrap Street Magazine. See it here.

5 comments:

  1. This is really sweet! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the little bird banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable layout! Love the little bird/leaf banner - too cute! Great take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous layout Lauren! Love your take on the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!