Sunday 29 July 2012

Sydney LO

Wow, three layouts in three days and two of them were doubles (I can't show the LO I did yesterday for another fortnight)! I'm looking forward to a couple of days off before I get started on my next DT project due by the end of the week. As you can guess, another double means another entry for the Gold Coast Show. I can't decide if this one fits the category of 'Australiana' or if I should submit it in the open category. Please let me know your thoughts.


I was having trouble picking what colour paper would match my photos, so decided to try something different and used two different tourist maps as the main backgrounds. I quite like the effect that has been created. I've also added quite a few bits and pieces of memorabilia from our trip in pockets on this LO, as well as some various facts about Sydney on journalling strips.


This page has ticket stubs and transport tickets as well as a mini-booklet for all the journalling I wanted to include with this LO. The Opera House chipboard has a cool crackle effect on the paint.


This also fits the criteria for Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge this month which was "Scrap about YOUR COUNTRY or ethnic group". Happy to be able to play along with them again, they're a very fun blog if you're looking for a new challenge.

Edit: Just realised I totally forget to credit Sketch Support for the fantastic inspiration for this LO.

6 comments:

  1. Lauren - this is a wonderful layout - loving your design! Thanks for the support for our blog - love having you participate over at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge, just love it!! Hope to see you again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren. Wow this double layout of Sydney harbour is fantastic! It's so great to see another page on Australia at AFSC. And I just love that you have used tourist maps to create a background - just brilliant. All that blue sky makes me wish for summer to come back :)

    Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous double layout! I love all your fab photos of Sydney and how you Have used the maps....very clever and very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROCK STAR DOUBLE LAYOUT!!! And I was pretty darn sure I was the only person who used smooshed pennies on a page, I see we have something totally in common! I agree with Anne, please come play with us again!

    HUGS

    MITRA

    OHHHHH and ps. thanks for playing along with AFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the maps as your background. This layout will really stand out at the show :0)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, so much great stuff to look at! I really love the maps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!