Monday 3 September 2012

Embossed Card - Love You

The challenge this month over at UnstampaBelles is embossing. I was going to ask whether that would be dry or wet embossing but then I realised it would be pretty hard to do wet embossing without using stamps! :) Good thing I picked up a BigShot a few months ago.
 
 
This is a pretty simple card but I like the effect. Two different embossing folders on a ceral box then I swiped ink over the raised areas. Each kraft piece is mounted on brown cardstock and then the who thing is mounted on cream cardstock. Flowers are from Thailand and the doily was die-cut from my scraps.
 
Prize this month is from Stickerstore.com.au. Hope to see you join us.
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea using cereal box for your cardstock....definitely looks very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, Thanks for leaving the nice comments on my blog. Yes, I would love to try a challenge with the Lollipop Ladies. Your card is lovely -- and one would never guess the embossed portion is from a cereal box. I like how you added the flowers and doily too. Thanks again for stopping in.

    Sharon S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Your comment about your wet/dry embossing dilemma made me smile. I might have thought the same thing too.....except I'm terrible at wet embossing so I do everything I can to avoid it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat! I have lots of cereal boxes that just get recycled. I had no idea they could be transformed so beautifully! Really pretty and thanks for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!