Wednesday 28 November 2012

My First Car

I purchased my first car back in 2002 and didn't bother to take photos of it until just before I traded it in back in 2006. Yes, that means I have had these photos sitting around waiting to be scrapped for the past six years! I've written a little but about my love/hate relationship with this car on the stripey paper which can be hidden behind the photo. I loved the pop-up headlights but hated the fact it alwaysbroke down and was so expensive to service.
 
 
This LO was inspired by the current challenge over at The Lollipop Ladies. This fortnight the inspiration sweet is the yummy racing car lolly, shown below with an added challenge of stripes. I would love to see your intepretation of the theme. Are you inspired by the racing theme (I almost did a LO about Go-Karting), is it the bright colours contrasting against the white, do these lollies remind you of a kids birthday party?
 
 
Guest DT spots are able to be won each fortnight and our sponsor this fortnight is: Annabelle Stamps
 
$10 Voucher (thanks to Andrea).
 
I was also inspired by the current sketch up at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge. It's been too long since I've played over there!
 
 
Finally, the current challenge at Use Your Stuff is to use patterned paper. There's not cardstock on this LO so it qualifies. The papers are ones I've had in my stash for a couple of months now too.
 

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to remember your first card....great use of the cogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page and sweet memorie
    xx and tks for playing with us at AFSC
    Leila
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU Rocked it! I can imagine how annoying getting headlights serviced all the time!

    Great job on getting those photos on a page!

    Thanks for playing with us at AFSC!

    Hugs from NY

    Mitra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted a car with pop up headlights - my first car didn't even have a cassette player so pop ups were too much to hope for...

    Loving the cogs and the washi tape, very cool lo!

    Hope qld isn't too hot, we're cooking a bit here down south...

    Thanks for playing along with us at AFSC this month x


    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a wonderful job with our challenge at Use Your Stuff. Thank you for playing along. I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic LO with wonderful, lively colors. Thanks for playing along with AFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Lauren - it's been too long since you last played with us, and I am so happy to see you back! Love this layout and the story about your car - your paper really sets your photos off in this layout - great work! Thank for playing along with us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great page! Love to see photos of your first car! Thanks for joining us at AFSC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm curious about the love-hate relationship you had with your first car. It looks nice and conditioned. That's why I'm interested to hear your story. Anyway, what type of car do you own now? Are you more comfortable with it?

    -Prince Moss @ LexusOfAnnarbor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!