Sunday 31 March 2013

Currumbin Train

This was one of those LO's where I had a solid idea of what I wanted to acheive but the LO just didn't want to agree with me. :( I had it half completed last weekend before putting it aside, decided I had to finish it today as it's the last day of the month and I wanted a fresh start for the April challenges. Photo is an old one from around 2007 I think.
 
 
I used the Scrapbooking From Scratch sketch for March as the starting point. Such a nice and simple sketch, it should have turned out really well.
 
 
I loved the colour palette for the Yummy Scrap over at ScrapFriends this month. The colours I used ended up a bit more muted than the sample picture though.
Lastly, Frosted Designs has a challenge this week of scallops. I have used my scallop punch along the top edge of the page.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome. I think it looks fun and you have to keep trying new things or you won't know what does and doesn't work for you. But I think this still works. If you had not said it wasn't what you were aiming for I would never have known.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks fantastic and I love it! Great colours, and I love what you've done on that background paper...brings your eye into the centre of the layout/photo. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! I love the colors and the swirls (and the little train of course) -- thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is one FAN-tabulous background...stunning! Great use of our colour palette at SF...thanks for joining in:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you background and all the little details, thanks for joining us at FD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lauren, thanks for popping by my blog! I think you've really undersold this - the background looks amazing and works so well with your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool layout- great use of that sketch xxx thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!