Sunday 31 March 2013

Gold Rush

Another LO using some old photos, this time from 2005. Ben and I had taken a short holiday to Ballarat in Victoria, Australia. All I remember from the holiday was arriving a few hours before check-in opened so we found a Plaster Castle Fun house and painted up a model each (I did a snail and Ben did a dwarf), the motel we stayed at had a basketball ring in their parking lot and we went to Sovereign Hill. I'm sure we did other things but I guess that is the downside of not having started scrapbooking back then. :)
 
 
This LO was inspired by Sketch #5 for Kaisercraft's Saturday Sketch in March. They didn't put up a sketch blueprint like they normally do, so instead this is pretty much a scraplift instead. I used the Miss Match collection including their sticker sheet. The flourishes are also Kaisercraft, they used to be border flourishes attached to flowers but I didn't think they suited my style so I cut them apart. There is some Kaisercraft lace and pearls as well.
 
"Savy” by Lori Williams
 
 
Lastly, Kaisercraft is also running a bonus competition for people who take part in their sketches yet have never won. This will be my 15th LO based on a Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch so I hope I qualify (you can see them all here). All you need to do is include a photo of youself creating the LO, so here I am. I'm certainly not one of those people who keeps a tidy desk!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Great colors! Don't think I'll have time for #5! Who of us have a tidy desk??? Happy Easter and thanks for the blog visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Great take on the sketch. My husband's family lives right near Sovereign Hill so we've been there quite a bit. It's a great family day out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!