Monday 15 April 2013

Blogoversary - Let's Get Messy Turns 4!

My little blog turns 4 today! Last year I reflected on the progress of my blog for my blogoversary, as I had set some srapbooking goals earlier in the year. This year I figured it made more sense to review the goals at the time of the blogoversary.
 
  1. Be in the top 5 at Once Upon a Sketch - I certainly haven't achieved this but I think it's something I will keep on the list. I love the prompts and sketches and I think it really gives me something to aim for.
  2. Gain a spot on another design team - I certainly acheived this one! I was invited back for a second term at The Lollipop Ladies and am currently on the design team for both Unstampabelles and Scrapmatts.
  3. Promote my blog some more - I think I did achieve this to some extent. I think I also realised that since I'm not aiming to run my blog as a business it doesn't really matter how many followers I get. I'd much prefer a small group of people who actually comment on my work.
  4. Host some more crops with my friends - another goal achieved! I have had quite a few scrapbooking days with friends coming over and even though we seem to create less and less each time it is still a lot of fun. :)
In the past year I have had a number of layouts published in various magazines. I have had a couple of layouts win various blog challenges. I think my proudest scrapbooking moment in 2012 would have to be getting selected for the Scrapmatts design team though. I really do love their products, they are such a lovely group of people and I really thought I didn't have a chance when I submitted my application.
 
So, my goals for 2013:
  1. Continue to represent Scrapmatts to the best of my abilities. They have asked if I can assist them at Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo, just helping customers with purchases and so forth I think but it sounds like an interesting experience.
  2. Be in the top 5 at Once Upon a Sketch. I think it's important to have a goal that will stretch you and I can always roll this one over to next year again if I need to. :)
  3. Win one of the Kaisercraft Monthly Sketch competitions. I love Kaisercraft products and enjoy working to their sketches. I've entered 15 times so far so I think it's about time I really focused and tried to bring it home.
  4. Work on developing more layers and details into my layouts. I have a tendency to simplify designs a lot and think I need to add more detail to take my scrapbooking to the next level.
  5. Attend more classes and retreats. The combination of fun and learning is perfect!
To wrap up, I just wanted to compare the progress of my blog in the past year. As at 20 April 2012, my blog stats showed 5736 pageviews, 264 posts and 50 followers. Wow, my stats really took off and now show 26396 pageviews, 382 posts and 95 followers! Thanks so much for contributing to these stats, your encouragement helps keep me motivated.

Don't forget, Google Reader is closing soon. If you want to continue to follow me please consider following my blog with Bloglovin.

4 comments:

  1. This is so wonderful...Lauren love your blog and I for sure will keep following your blog. Hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congrats on 4 years of blogging Lauren! May all your 2013 'wishes' come true. Here's to many many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Lauren on four years of blogging. What a wonderful way tocelebrate by setting goals and reflecting. I am sure the next will be agood one for you.d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the four years! It's great to set some goals for the year, and I'm sure you'll achieve them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!