Tuesday 25 June 2013

Family Fun - Expo Class LO

One of my goals for this year was to take more classes, so it was an easy decision for me to attend the Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo this year and complete some classes. I only had one day free though, so trying to pick three classes out of the 30 available was much more difficult. Sometimes I pick classes because I love the look of the finished LO but other times I pick a LO because I want to learn a new technique. This LO was one of those choices.
 
 
I got to play with texture paste, embossing folders and die cuts. While they are all things I have used before I did pick up a couple of new tricks, plus the folders and die cutting plates were included in the class kits so I got to pick up some new supplies as well.

 
I wasn't really 100% with the LO when I got it home, however this weekend I sat down a had a play with it to add a couple more touches to it and I'm happy with the result. You can see in the detail shots I added a metal filigree piece which I trimmed into three pieces. I also stitched around the edge, doodled around the title and added some journalling to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!