Monday 26 August 2013

The Runbows

If it wasn't for the last minute I would never get anything done! The Gold Coast Show is starting on the 31st and all entries had to be submitted on Saturday 24 August. My deadline was even closer, as I traveled to Melbourne over the weekend so had to finish all my entries by Wednesday 21st so I could give them to my friend to hand in on my behalf.

 

I got this one finished on the Monday night. It's another LO about the Color Run I took part in earlier this year. The photos were so colourful and fun I just had to do another LO about it. I've used the Kaisercraft Hopscotch range with a bit of fussy cutting because when you have to make two double page layouts in three days who doesn't decide to go with fussy cutting? :P
 
 

I have used a couple of different mists over the background the create a bit of a messy look to mimic the powder we had thrown at us during the run. 'The Runbows' was our team name, hence the title of the LO.


Scrapmatts news chipboard arrows were perfect to create some extra movement in this LO. I was feeling like the previous doubles I had created for the Show this year were just too linear so I went for something a bit more fun and organic with this one. It's probably still a bit simple to place in the competition but I really like it and that's what matters.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic layout Lauren and looks like such a fun time was had. Such a fun name for your team too. Can't wait to hear how you went at the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!