Thursday 16 April 2015

Blue Dreamcatcher - Scrapmatts DT

I had so much fun making my last dreamcatcher that I had been thinking of making another one for a couple of months now. I finally sat down to do it this month and found that my fellow Scrapmatts DT member Crece had also created a dreamcatcher for her project this month! They must just be the in thing at the moment. Still, you can never have too much of a good thing so I continued with mine and came up with something completely different to hers.

 
As soon as I saw these feathers (CB5116 Feathers 01 and CB1222 Feathers 02) I knew they would be perfect for a dreamcatcher. I put some clear embossing ink on the edges and then dusted it off up the length of the feather to get that gradient effect. The little feathers have the same treatment, but were embossed with blue powder before the gold was applied over the top. The 'dream' chipboard word (from CB1200 Scrapwords 08) is just straight embossed with gold, I love the way the etched in word stays clear when you do this. The flourish is a left over piece I had from doing a Scrapmatts class at an expo (but you can get it from CB4066 Ornate Frames 23). I painted it white with acrylic paint then put some crackle medium over the top for texture and shine. The chipboard is flexible enough to bend to match the shape of the hoop while still being strong enough to not rip or break.
 
 
If you create a dreamcatcher with Scrapmatts chipboard we would love to see it over in our gallery!

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful Lauren and too funny that you had just made one when the other one was uploaded :D Fabulous minds think alike :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!