Wednesday 7 September 2016

Thank You Card - Scrapmatts DT

My second Scrapmatts DT project is a card I made to say thanks to my manager who is leaving for a new position. I like the mix of grungy and feminine on this card, by combining the messy background with a big floral cluster.

To create this background, I applied gesso through the squares stencil, this sprayed three different mists over the cardstock. Once it had all dried though I decided I didn't like the effect, so painted gesso over the top of the whole thing, before selectively spraying smaller areas of mist and playing with a drip effect. I like the subtle effect it has created.


Scrapmatts chipboard: CB6020 Words 06, CB5144 Layered Poinsettias 01, CB5142 Retro Squares 02. Stencil: ST1038.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!