Saturday 1 April 2017

Relax - Kraft Plus Guest DT

Kraft+ is a fun challenge blog I follow and play along with when I get a chance. You have to use kraft-coloured paper as the star of your background, plus one extra element which changes each month. The challenge is run by the lovely Sandra and she comes up with some quite creative ideas.

At the start of March, Sandra sent me a message to ask if I was interested in being the guest design team member for April. I was beyond exited by this, as I have never previously been invited to guest anywhere! Sandra's challenge was intriguing and also a theme I had thought about doing in the past, so of course I said yes.


After creating a couple of fussy/messy layouts I wanted to go with a cleaner look for this one. I stuck with a single photo of myself and my friend taken whilst we were enjoying sunset cocktails by the beach in Hawaii and kept the embellishments simple.


I wanted the title to reflect the ocean pattern in the background paper. I achieved this by drawing some blue Gelato onto my craft matt and activating this with a couple of different blue mists. The title was then pressed into the pool of ink, which has created that variegated effect. I love the end result.


My flower cluster is very simple, just some chipboard ferns from Scrapmatts and some flowers from D-Lish Scraps. The photo matt is two pieces of burlap, with some offcut paint swatches top and bottom of the photo. I also used a couple of different paint swatches to create the ombre effect for the hearts, which have all been hand punched and then stitched down to create the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!