Tuesday 8 August 2017

ATCs - Scrapmatts DT

Hello. This post went live on the Scrapmatts blog on the 5th but I forgot to load it on my personal blog. I was a little distracted because my baby turned 3 on the fifth! If I'd been planning ahead, I would have done a couple of layouts of him to celebrate. But instead, I was too busy trying to plan the party and get everything ready for my family visit, so I have a variety of small projects to share instead. :)


I'm a big fan of ATCs as they were the start of my journey into scrapbooking. They are also really great projects for when you only have a short amount of creative time. For these ones, I painted ATC10-010 Bracket 01 with gesso, then sprinkled Tinby Designs Color Crush powders across them and activated with water. They had a beautiful vibrant colour while wet but unfortunately the gesso mutes that as they dry.

I've used stencil ST5024 in the background of all three ATCs, but each one was used differently. On 'Discover' I used a small Versacolor stamp pad in charcoal to ink through the stencil, this gave the crispest edges to the image. On 'Remember' I misted Kaisermist through the stencil, you can see it leaked in some places because my ATC based had warped a bit after the gesso layer. Finally, on 'Inspire' I flipped the stencil over and stamped the left over Kaisermist onto the image, then misted white Glimmermist to highlight the design.

The sentiments all come from CB1199 Scrapwords 07. The leaf pieces come from CB1146 Leaf Spray 01, CB5144 Layered Poinsettias 01 and CB1235 Leaf Spray 14. I finished them off with the lace, flowers, sequins and D-lish Scraps enamel dots.

Maybe next month I'm be organised enough to show you a layout celebrating my son's birthday. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!