Friday 15 December 2017

Santa Photo - CSI Challenge

Okay, so technically I'm all finished with my Scrapmatts design team reveals but they are also the sponsors for CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration blog and I just could not resist the last challenge board. It was Christmas themed and I love Christmas, plus it has a nice twist on the standard colour scheme. 


These holly bough chipboard pieces were released last year and I loved them, but haven't had a chance to use them until now. I've just inked mine with a light green VersaColor cube, then applied red glitter Glitzin' Glamour in place of the berries. I had meant to use the plain red pearl bottle, but I couldn't find it so went with glitter instead. I like the festive effect it created, plus it suited the glitter alphas for the title perfectly then.


I used up a whole bunch of left over papers to create this layout and really enjoyed mixed and matching from so many different Kaisercraft paper ranges. The Scrap Words made a great finishing accent.


The stencil for the background work is by Scrapmatts too. I've added some loose thread behind two corners of the main embellishment cluster and accentuated everything with two D-lish Scraps flairs. I like all the different layers that have built up to create the photo matt. 


Here is the CSI case file that inspired my layout. I loved the 'split pea' shade of great and the addition of the grey. For my evidence I used Christmas, stencils, (pom pom) ribbon and I'm also going with vintage given how old some of these paper ranges were. My testimony is hidden on a journaling tag and speaks about our excitement of getting the family Santa photo together. 



This layout also fits the criteria for the More Than Words challenge this month. I was inspired by 'family' to use one of our family Santa photos and the 'numbers' part refers to the year in the photo. It's very important to date your Santa photos, so you can show how the family and grown and changed over the years, I think.

6 comments:

  1. I love the gorgeous bright colours in this. They're so perfect for your theme. So glad you could join in at More Than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lauren. Thank you so much for playing along with us here at More than Words this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and oh so festive!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks stunning and indeed very festive !! Thank you so much for joining us at More Than Words ... Merry Christmas to you and your family.. xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love all the layers! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and so festive! Love it! Thank you so much for joinning us at More Than Words Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!