Friday 16 March 2018

Some of the Best Memories - Flutterby Designs GDT

I am so excited to be guest designer for March for Flutterby Designs and get the chance to work with the amazing Good Vibes Only collection. Since it's a beachy/tropical collection, I pulled out my Hawaii girl's trip photos to start working with but quickly decided on a photo of the four of us before we set of on a zip-lining tour.


I pulled out all of the green elements from the Everyday Etc. Photo Cards and Everyday Etc. Filler Photo Cards, as well as some neutral/ black and white cards for contrast. With a bit of creative cutting and positioning, I created the photo mat and title. Some washi tape and a Page Tab were added to the left side for more interest. The 'Don't Worry, Be Happy' element from the Frame 50 pack was perfect to add on the right because I was so anxious about doing this tour, given I really don't like heights!


The background is a couple of different green acrylic paints smeared over the page with a pallet knife. once that dried I use white acrylic paint to create the zig zags. Green mist was flicked over the page and gold mica flakes adhered randomly.


I used up some of the scraps from the Photo Cards  and more washi tape to create a secondary embellishment cluster in the top right to balance the layout. The quote 'always take the scenic route' was chosen because the views from the zipline were just incredible.


A couple more embellishments were added then I used a black pen to draw a loose border around the whole thing and it was done! Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!