Wednesday 4 April 2018

Take a Leap - Art Journal Page

I'd had one of those days where I just needed to relieve some stress so I wanted to crack open the paints and get messy. I didn't have a plan or project in mind, but I remembered I hadn't tried Leanne Jago's Soul Starter prompt from the Soul Journey 2018 facebook group I'm part of. After taking one of Leanne's classes in person a while ago I knew it would be just what I needed and it worked a treat!


I changed the quote for the page, because I only had a feather stencil to work with as my main image on the page. I liked this one, as to me it's about not overthinking things and just getting out there and giving life a go. The quote I found on Pinterest said 'build your wings on the way down' but I thought if I've got wings why am I going down when I could soar?


I think I need to work on letting some more of the layers continue to show through. You can barely see the paper doilies and book page strips from the bottom layer.


1 comment:

  1. I AM honoured that you had a go at my prompt. Rember they are just prompts. And I love how you changed it to suit. Especially the saying. You go girl.
    I’m hoping to teach a few more classes down that way. Xo. Thank you again

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!